Thursday, February 16, 2012

RIP "KID"

The summer of 1986 I was 5 years old and it was the first year I really started following baseball. My team that year was the New York Mets. I am not really sure why they were my team since I have been a Cubs fan since that time, it was probably because they won all the time, but besides Lenny Dykstra, my favorite player was Gary Carter.

That fucking bastard that is known as cancer took Gary today at the way too young age of 57. I just wanted to say, thanks for the memories "KID".

I find it weird that last night I finally won my first ever Gary Carter rookie card on Ebay. I can honestly say years from now when I look through my cards and wonder where and how I got them, I will always know when and where the Carter rookie came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment