Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pack Rip #8 - 2011-12 Upper Deck Series 1 Fat Packs

Product: 2011-12 Upper Deck Hockey Series 1 Retail Fat Packs
Cost: $4.99 per pack
Qty: 4 packs
Cards per pack: 32
Location: Shopko
I must admit, I have an addiction to this set.  I don't know why, but I get all nervous if I go to the store and don't buy any of this.  I love the set, but I don't like the feeling I get when I don't have any to rip, I didn't realize someone could really go through card withdrawls, but I was.
Anyway, I had to take a grumpy kid for a ride last night so we went to the one store we never go to, Shopko.  At first I only found a couple fat packs of OPC, but then we found the motherload, Upper Deck Series 1 fat packs.  I quickly put back the O-Pee-Chee and grabbed the four remaining of these they had.

Base Cards:  I pulled 121 out of these packs, some were dupes.  I now need 74 to finish my series 1 basic set.


 Hockey Heroes:  Pulled 2, Gordie Howe and Gump Worsley.  I love the legends cards.
 Young Guns:  Pulled my first two young guns cards ever.  While they weren't the big one, I was glad to get these.  48 more to go.
UD Canvas:  I was very happy with the Mika Zibangejad Young Guns Canvas that I pulled.  That will either pay for one of these packs by going on Ebay or will be added in with a trade to someone.  Also pulled a Jaroslav Halak Canvas.  I love the Canvas set, but I don't think it will be possible for me to finish, it's just too damn big.

As I have said before, I am in love with this set.  I will most likely be picking up a hobby box of this on Saturday and hopefully that will knock out the rest of the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment